AirDC++ is a modern and easy-to-use client for the Advanced Direct Connect and Direct Connect networks. You can join a “hub” with other users, and chat, search, and browse each user’s share. This allows you to share files with friends and others, for example, in the following scenario:
- With people who have similar interests from all over the world
- In a local / wide area network
AirDC ++ is very high performance files sharing tool with many advanced features which has been tested to handle smoothly even involves millions of shared files or hundreds of terabytes of data. The source code is available to everyone and there is no software or advertisement of any kind.
It comes with several pre-existing public hub lists, but you also have the option to add your own, just by pressing the ‘Configure’ button and entering the URL address for your hub list.
AirDC ++ has a comprehensive ‘Search’ function that helps you focus precisely on what you want to find, by choosing the targeted size, file type and maximum age in a few days, weeks, months or years. In addition, you can make a list of excluded words to eliminate certain items from the list of results that are retrieved.
This utility allows you to see the users who are currently connected and even have conversations with them, or mark specific ones as ‘Favorites’, if you enjoy files that you can download from them or if you just want to keep an eye on their activities. AirDC ++ allows you to create ‘Download’ and ‘Upload’ queues, thus allowing you to transfer several items at once.
AirDC++ Key Features:
- An easy-to-use setup guide for new users
- Allows sharing different directories on different hubs
- Real-time monitoring of stock changes
- Possibility to open multiple connections per user to one user
- Full IPv6 support
- Grouping of files that are queued to the directory
- Possibility to add your own searches to be searched regularly and downloaded automatically when found
- Advanced sharing of partially downloaded directories / files and a more efficient way to find alternative sources
- Support important protocols like NMDC and ADC and encrypted transfers on both
- Ability to control bandwidth
Download: AirDC++ 4.10 | 67.8 MB – Open Source
Author: Fredrik Ohlsson