ChanSort is a PC/Windows application that enables you to reorder your TV’s channel list. Most modern TVs can transfer channel lists via USB stick, which you can plug into your PC. ChanSort supports various models from Hisense, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba and the Linux VDR project.
The interface might leave you little confuse, especially if you are not accustomed to managing your channel list regularly, because it displays various types of details about each channel. However, you will be familiar with all the information when you start experimenting with the ChanSort function.
This application has Unicode support for channel names, which means they will be interpreted correctly even if your native language does not depend on the Latin alphabet, but on Cyrillic or Greek ones.
ChanSort can help you save a lot of time when changing the order or name of your channel, especially since you don’t need to set complicated settings, you only need an installed .NET Framework 4.0 on your PC.
- Reorder channels (change numbers directly, move up/down, drag&drop, double-click)
- Use another channel list as a reference to apply the same ordering
- Multi-selection for editing multiple channels at once
- Side-by-side view of new/sorted list and original/complete list (similar to playlist and library)
- Rename or delete channels
- Manage favorites, parental lock, channel skipping (when zapping), channel hiding
- User interface in English, German and partially in Turkish and Portuguese
- Unicode character support for channel names (Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, …)
Some features may not be available on all TV models and channel types (analog, digital, sat, cable, …). Hisense is the only manufacturer who provided technical information and a test device.
Most of this software was written without support from TV manufacturers or access to any official documentation about the file formats. It is solely based on analysing existing data files, trial and error. There is a chance of unwanted side-effects or even damage to your TV, as reported in 2 cases.
Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Download: ChanSort 2021-05-01 | 27.5MB – Open Source
Author: Horst Beham