Joplin is a free open source notes and to-do application for Windows PCs, which can handle a large number of notes arranged in a notebook. Notes can be searched, can be copied, marked and modified either from the application directly or from your own text editor. Note in markdown format.
Notes exported from Evernote via .enex files can be imported into the Joplin application, including formatted content (which is converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.) and complete metadata (geolocation, updated time, time created, etc. ). Ordinary impairment files can also be imported.
Notes can be synchronized with various cloud services including Nextcloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV or the file system (for example with a network directory). When synchronizing notes, notebooks, tags and other metadata are saved to plain text files that can be easily checked, backed up, and moved.
This application is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS (terminal applications also work on FreeBSD). Web Clipper, to save web pages and screenshots from your browser, is also available for Firefox and Chrome.
Features and Highlights
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- End To End Encryption (E2EE)
- Note history (revisions)
- Synchronization with various services, including Nextcloud, Dropbox, WebDAV, and OneDrive.
- Import Enex files (Evernote export format) and Markdown files.
- Export JEX files (Joplin Export format) and raw files.
- Support notes, to-dos, tags and notebooks.
- Goto Anything feature.
- Sort notes by multiple criteria – title, updated time, etc.
- Support for alarms (notifications) in mobile and desktop applications.
- Offline first, so the entire data is always available on the device even without an internet connection.
- Markdown notes, which are rendered with images and formatting in the desktop and mobile applications. Support for extra features such as math notation and checkboxes.
- File attachment support – images are displayed, and other files are linked and can be opened in the relevant application.
- Search functionality.
- Geo-location support.
- Supports multiple languages
- External editor support – open notes in your favorite external editor with one click in Joplin software.
Requirements: Windows 7 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64
Download: Joplin 1.0.216 | 133 MB – Open Source
Author: Laurent Cozic