KeePassXC is a cross platform application that protects and saves your important information using a primary key and only stores the database locally at your computer. It has lightweight design, including a password generator and even support for auto-type into your everyday websites and applications. You don’t need to waste time trying to remember and type your password.
Unlike cloud-based password managers, KeePassXC only stores your information in a local database, which is encrypted with the industry-standard AES (alias Rijndael) encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. It is not require an internet connection to store you data, even in encrypted form.
KeePassXC has a minimalist interface layout, providing quick access to all your groups and keys directly from the main window. It also comes with a simple search function, and you can send programs to the system tray when not needed.
The Auto-Type feature, which allows you to enter your credentials into any application or web form with a simple hotkey. The program searches for matching entries in the database and performs automatic type sequences automatically, even when running in the background.
The complete database is always encrypted with the industry standard AES algorithm using a 256-bit key. KeePassXC for Desktop uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. You can works offline and does not require an internet connection.
KeePassXC for Desktop is part of the KeePassX community, a cross-platform KeePass port for Windows. Each feature is thoroughly tested on several systems and works cross-platforms properly to provide the same look and feel for each supported operating system. Including the Automatic Typing feature that is preferred.
Features and Highlights
- Secure storage of personal data and passwords which is encrypted with AES, ChaCha20 or Twofish algorithm.
- Can runs on multi platform such as Windows, Linux and macOS without modifications.
- Database file format is compatible with KeePass2, MacPass, KeeWeb, KeePassX and many others.
- Support SSH Agent.
- Auto-Type on the website and all supported applications to fill in login forms automatically.
- Import CSV file from another similar app such as LastPass.
- Command line supported.
- Equipped with a powerful password generator.
- Password strength meter.
- Customizable icons for database entries.
- Database merge functionality.
- KeePassXC HTTP Connector for accessing your database from Firefox and Google Chrome.
Download: KeePassXC 2.5.3 (32-bit) | 40.5 MB – Open Source
Download: KeePassXC 2.5.3 (64-bit) | 40.1 MB – Open Source
Author: KeePassXC Team