TortoiseSVN is a very easy to use revision / version control / source control software for Windows. That is based on Subversion. TortoiseSVN has a nice and user-friendly interface for Subversion.
This was developed under the GPL. Which means it’s completely free, including source code. But just in case you are not familiar with GPL: You can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Because this is not integration for certain IDEs like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tool you like.
After installing this software version application, one additional item is integrated in any file context menu on your computer. From there, you can access the Repo-browser and program settings. The last window allows you to adjust the items that appear in the context menu and other options.
To view text files, you can use TortoiseMerge, an application that displays a double-sided window, allowing you to compare revisions and original file content.
Spotted differences are highlighted, so you can see it much better. In addition, you can use TortoiseMerge to easily compare the text files that you want.
About downloading, TortoiseSVN is a lightweight program that requires less storage than the average program in the Software Development section. This is a program that is often downloaded in several countries such as China, India, and Vietnam.
Features and Highlights:
- All commands are available directly from Windows Explorer.
- Only commands that make sense for the selected file / folder are displayed. You will not see commands that you cannot use in your situation.
- See the status of your file directly in Windows explorer.
- Descriptive dialogue, continuously improved because of user feedback.
- Allows moving files by dragging to the right in Windows Explorer.
- Supports subversion protocols http: //, https: //, svn: //, svn + ssh: //, file: ///, and svn + XXX: //.
- Integrated spell checker for log messages
- Automatic completion of paths and keywords from modified files
- Text formatting with special characters
- And much more…
Download link: TortoiseSVN 1.13.1 (32-bit) | 16.1 MB – Open Source
Download link: TortoiseSVN 1.13.1 (64-bit) | 19.39 MB – Open Source
Author: TortoiseSVN Team